Monday, October 12, 2009

Thieves are at it again!

Outboards are the target of thieves operating around St. Maarten’s Simpson Bay Lagoon. Having been shown a heavy stainless steel chain that has been cut by an even heavier set of bolt cutters, and an all but severed stainless steel lock, one of the strongest that money can buy, then I suggest dinghy operators take care. Having been the target of thieves in the past, I know the horrible feeling of finding what you have worked so hard for has been taken by a lowlife. I was sad when I found my self-tailing winches were gone and even sadder when I realized that the sextant and dividers that have accompanied me across so many oceans are now in the hands of someone who probably doesn’t even know what they are. And to think that for years, and on just about every island’s in the Caribbean, we never closed our boat!

No comments: