Monday, August 10, 2009

Hurricane updates make me smile.

The weather gurus at Colorado state university have again looked into their crystal ball and rattled the chicken bones and come up with a new prediction for the hurricane season. Not bad now that were half way through it. The scientists, in their wisdom, have downgraded the forecast and now say we can expect ten tropical storms, four of which will become hurricanes. Of those four, they say two will reach major status, that’s category three or more. I shouldn’t knock the prediction because even if they’re only half right it’s better than their December prediction which said we could expect 14 tropical storms and seven hurricanes. The last time I poked fun at the hurricane forecasters I got into trouble, and some one called to say I didn’t take hurricanes seriously enough. Having ridden out hurricane Louis while at anchor and experienced many hurricanes since, believe me I take them very seriously in deed.

No comments: